This offer is too good to keep to myself! Currently Lucky Brand is offering a 30% discount off of all purchases made during December 3- December 13. This sale is by invitation only to members of their email community. If you are interested in receiving a custom discount code you need to subscribe to their email database. Once in the system, according to the denim masters you will enjoy certain “benefits” such as:
- Save time – store shipping and billing information to checkout in as few as 2 steps
- Save money – receive email-only offers like Free Shipping and exclusive discounts
- Stay informed – manage your online profile, review order history and more
Ultimately the goal of the season is to shop for others, but while you are at it, taking advantage and buying a great pair of jeans for your pear shaped figure may be in order. Whether you drape your pear shaped curves in the sleek styling of the Sweet-n-Lows or want to go for a more relaxed fit courtesy of the Classic Riders, your best bet is going to a store and trying on a pair to find your favorites. Don’t wait and happy shopping!
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, for my pear shaped figure there is nothing like the Sweet-n-Low jeans from Lucky Brand to adorn my curves. Now until November 15, there are three styles of the cut on sale for 40% off the retail price.
My favorite are the dark wash of the Knox option:
The retail price starts at $79.50 but with a 40% discount these jeans becoming an astoundingly low $47.70. Shipping and sales tax will apply.
When it comes to the best jeans ever for my figure, I swear by Lucky Brand and the Sweet-n-Lows. I’ve previously mentioned that the Shelby Jeans ($99) are the next purchase I will make from my shopping list. That day may be today as for one day only, November 3, Lucky is offering $35 dollars off of purchases of $100 or more.
Consider this an early holiday gift from Lucky founders Gene and Barry. If you are are in the market for a new pair of jeans, anything from the Sweet-N-Low line should do the trick. Since many of this cut of jean are under $100, another little something, something is required to get the discount.
As a big fan of animal prints, there would be no other choice but this thermal top ($49.50) for me.
The fabric is a soft and gentle weave of 100% cotton, the pattern will bring the viewers eye upward, and the v-neck front is the most flattering cut for all body types.
Shopping Tip: Since this top is 100% cotton, make sure the item fits you as snugly as possible (allowing for comfort). Like all items made of cotton, the item will stretch from use, but will snap back into shape with a washing. Make sure to follow the manufacturers recommended care instructions for the longevity of your item.
I would pair these two items together, wear them with my most beaten up Frye boots, layer on top with a cropped cardigan sweater and top off with some of my jewelry. My choice for this is the handmade Princess Necklace ($79). Just so you know, I hand craft the sterling silver pendant which is the focal point of this piece:
The dangling elegance and simplicity of the All Mixed up Earrings ($42) will top off the look delightfully.
It is too easy to become part of the problem not the solution, and I recently fell into that trap when I gave advice of Halloween Costume “Don’ts” for Pear Shapely Women. Although I still believe I put together an excellent list of costumes to avoid, since the big day is less then a week away, I thought I should now offer some costume ideas for curvy gals that are all affordable. Here we go:
- Belly Dancer or Harem Costume: These ensembles tend to have flowing bottoms and mid-drift cut outs that will hide your hips and show off your best feature, your awesome tummy. You can easily make your own by donning a long skirt, cropped gypsy top and tying a scarf around your hips or buy a pre-fab choice if you are pressed for time. Make sure that the bottom fabric is not too sheer and that the costume title avoids the term “sexy” in the title.
- Anything Zombie or Dead: Your old prom dress, wedding dress or even your most flattering outfit can easily be turned into a ghoulish outfit just by adding a jet black wig, some light face make up, blue eyes shadow to add some bags under your eyes and fake blood. All the makeup can be purchased for around $10 and you will be able to easily carry off the look of the dead knowing that your body is dressed to it’s best.
- Cute Critter: Channelling your favorite type of critter is easy on Halloween as all you need to do is purchase some cute animal ears and pair it with a great animal print wrap dress. All curvy gals know that wrap dresses are one of the best basic elements for dressing our curves but when donning animal print it is important to know the do’s and don’ts of the process.
- Cowgirl: Any excuse to buy a new pair of jeans should be fully embraced and any of the bootleg offerings from Lucky Brand Jean’s Sweet-n-Low collection will do the trick. My favorite are the Shelby Jeans. Just combine the denim with a Cowboy hat, fitted button down and boots (the more distressed the better) and you will be saying yippee-ya-yeah in no time.
- Bride of Frankenstein: A long flowing dress of any color is already probably in your wardrobe, you just need to get a good wig and some white face make up and voila!
- Vampire: Blood sucking vixens are always in style, that is because they are always stylish in basic black. Whether you want to couple your fangs and blood with a black outfit already in your closet or treat yourself to a new “little black dress” just for the heck of it, you can ensure that you find an outfit that flatters your curves. One such option that can serve double duty is this great jersey v-neck dress from Micheal Stars ($120). The flowing Victorian Bell sleeves will add a hint of goth appeal, while the overall shape will let your hips move freely while highlight your decolletage.
- Disco Diva- The bell bottoms of the 70’s were a great find for balancing out the bottom of a pear shaped woman and all you need to do is go to a thrift sure where plenty of options suitable of a costume can be yours for just a couple of bucks.
- Pirate Wench: When Pirates ruled the world and women were wenches, corsets were the haute fashion choice and by adding this accouterment to your ensemble over a flowing black skirt, white t-shirt, head scarf, eye patch and hoop earrings, your waist will get the cinch needed to highlight your curves.
- Fairy Princess: If you spent hours previously shopping for your prom or wedding dress, then you have a perfect fitting garment for your shape just hanging in your closet. Just combine the flattering garment you already own with wings (that can be bought for as little at $1 at your local dollar store) and a wand and voila! If you don’t have either of those garments floating around, just put on your favorite cocktail dress and you will be good to go. Don’t forget the body and face glitter!
- Naughty Librarian or School Girl : To make these costumes work, do not buy a pre fab “sexy” combo as it will be anything but that. But by raiding your own closet or even those of your closest pear-shaped friend, you can easily come up with some affordable options perfect for your figure.
The key to having fun while in costume is to ensure that you feel comfortable in the amount of skin you show plus the theme you have chosen. That is why incorporating the clothing you would normally wear is your best option. Have a great holiday and feel free to let me know what spooky look you sported.